Saturday, December 15, 2007

Holiday baking...

OK, so I'm thinking "holiday baking" is WAY overrated...right??!! I mean, if I were to make it, we would just eat it, and we definitely don't need to eat it, so I'm really helping us out if I don't have a lot of delicious things--fresh from the oven---sitting around the house to tempt us! I'm really doing the right thing....right?? :0) But, had to break down and make these little "goodies" for our Paper Pals party last night...in case you missed them, they came right from Becky Higgin's blog:

PRETZEL HUGS
1 bag pretzels
1 pkg. M&Ms
1 pkg. Hershey "Hugs"

Place pretzels on baking stone or sheet. Place a Hug on each pretzel and bake at 200 degrees for about 8 minutes (just watch for the Hugs to melt). Remove from oven and promptly place a couple of M&Ms on each pretzel, pressing into the melted chocolate. Allow to cool before serving. At room temperature, this takes SEVERAL hours. I would recommend making these the day before you plan on eating/delivering. Or you can put them in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
Note to self: I tried to experiment with the caramel-filled kisses (the batch before this one). Bad idea. It didn't work. But my friend, Karolyn, said that Rolos work. So maybe you'll want to try that version.
(That adorable Christmas Countdown calendar is from Tami Vik...you can order one from her on her blog.)

2 comments:

Janie said...

Judy, Those were so good, I got some pretzels today and plan on making them for our Christmas!!! Thanks for the great Idea!!

Janie

Karen Tews Lien said...

I'm hooked on these too! I'm off to the store to make more!!!

Thanks for coming to the party, it was a lot of fun.