Saturday, June 28, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
My gratitudes for today...
1. Sunshine. I think summer if finally here---it is beautiful outside! After a very long winter and NO spring, it just makes me happy to walk outside and feel the warm sunshine. YEA!!
2. Girlfriends. As my last blog stated, there is nothing like girlfriends! I am blessed to have so many special friends! The role that girlfriends play in our lives is ever-changing depending on our age and what is happening in our life, but I will never underestimate the importance of that very special relationship!
3. I don't have to drink Gatorade today!! (Short explanation---I had a colonoscopy this AM and part of the preparation involved drinking Gatorade...among other things!) It was really hard to choke down that last glassful! I'm Gatorade-free for three years!! :0)
4. Flowers. The geraniums and lobilia in our outside pots are about ready to bloom. And, the hydrangea is getting close.
5. Grandchildren. No list of things I'm thankful for would ever be complete without these 5 special "little people!" They make me happy every single day!! (In addition, and just as important to me, are their parents!!)
5. My Sister. I feel so blessed to have a sister...whether it is on the phone or "in-person" she is a special part of every single day!
6. Golf. I'm not good yet...not even "sorta" good, but I am so grateful that Jim is very patient and willing to play with me and help me to improve! I'm also grateful that my youngest son, the golf pro, outfitted me with clubs, shoes, and everything I need to "look the part!" Now, if I can just get my game to match the way I look! :0)
7. My wonderful gardener! Our lawn, and all of our property, looks so beautiful thanks to my fantastic husband---thank goodness he love to work in the yard!This list is just the beginning, but writing it down does make me stop and think how very lucky I am. I used to keep a "Gratitude Journal" (something I learned about on Oprah)...I think I need to get it out and start writing in it again!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
We did so many fun things over the weekend...we started out Friday night with dinner at PF Changs (my favorite) and then I got to be the co-pilot with her husband in a flight simulator where he works. TOO MUCH FUN!!! He let me steer the plane down the runway using the "nose wheel gear" steering thingy...oh, my gosh I was all over that runway. Then I let him take the controls and we flew around for a while. I knew I was in a simulator (not a real airplane), but everything is SO realistic that you would swear you were really flying!! The visuals through the cockpit windows were just incredible. I am ready to do that again anytime.Lin's husband had to work on the weekend so we entertained ourselves at 2 fantastic malls (remember, I live in a "retail deprived" area), we had lunch out both days at great restaurants, and had so much fun looking and shopping. I taught her how/what to order at Starbucks and now I'm sure she will be a "Starbucks junkie" just like me! :0)As we hugged good-by Monday morning (and Lin shed a tear---she is very sentimental like that!) we promised each other that we wouldn't let so much time go by before we have a special "girlfriend's weekend" again! Thanks, Lin, for a weekend I will always treasure!
All I Need to Know About Life I Learned From My Girlfriends
Good times are even better when they're shared.
A good long talk can cure almost anything.
Everyone needs someone with whom to share their secrets.
Listening is just as important as talking.
An understanding friend is better than a therapist; and cheaper, too!
Laughter makes the world a happier place.
Friends are like wine; they get better with age.
Sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on.
Great minds think alike, especially when they are female!
When it comes to "bonding," females do it better.
YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR SLUMBER PARTIES!!!!
It's important to make time to do "girl things."
Calories don't count when having lunch (or any other food) with your girlfriends.
You can never have too many shoes or girlfriends.
GEMS MAY BE PRECIOUS, BUT FRIENDSHIP IS PRICELESS!!!!!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
But...I'm not whining, honest!! This is just a little "blip" in our weather and it's going to be sunny and warm by the weekend. And, after seeing the devastating flooding in the Midwest and the oppressive heat in the northeast, I'm counting my blessings! :0)