Thursday, January 31, 2008
(Notice the "for sale" sign that is in our front yard in the last picture...it's almost totally buried!) You know it's bad when the mall closes....yes, the mall closed!!! (Luckily Starbucks kept their doors open, though!!) :0) There were 175 school closures in the area...even both universities!
It's really crazy!! What is keeping me going is....one week from today I will be in Phoenix!! Woo Hoo!! (That is if I can get out of town...right now most of the roads are closed!) :0(
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
This layout makes me smile...I love these pictures of R and K, taken when they were all here in December. They had such a fun time together, a cousin really is the best kind of friend!
Friday, January 25, 2008
And, I have a busy day today prepping kits for my "From This Moment" Valentine mini-album class on Sunday at Paper Pals.
The one and only thing I miss a "teeny, tiny bit" is the 55 degree weather in Las Vegas, but hey--it's only 30 degrees colder here, and it's a beautiful, sunny day here with bright blue skies!! Here is a picture I just took looking out of our front door...do you see how much snow we have???
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Our last evening here was fun...we had dinner at PF Changs and then went to The Producers, starring Tony Danza, at the Paris casino. It was great and Tony Danza was terrific!!
But....even though we know we are going back to verrrrrrry cold weather, we are ready to go home! Jim's conference was excellent---he learned many valuable things about handling investments for his clients, and I had fun "having fun!"
Now, it's BACK TO REALITY!!!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Before the show we went to The Palm....another great dinner! It's going to hard to go "back to reality!" We walked miles today, and it was nice--in the 50's! I was hoping for warmer weather, but it is in the single digits at home, so I'm not complaining!! More tomorrow....
Sunday, January 20, 2008
I spent a "little" time on the slot machines---Jim was watching the football game---and I lost my head and did the quarter machines (even though I usually don't got over the nickel slots!) I "threw caution to the wind" and put in $20 (80 quarters!)....yikes!!! Well, good news, I kept winning and got up to 410 quarters...I should have quit, right?? Well, I just couldn't! :0) But, the story does have a happy ending...I did stop when I got down to 160 quarters, so I walked away with $40!! I was proud of myself...doubled my $$$! I would never make it on Deal or No Deal....it's hard to stop when you think the next time you will hit the "BIG" one!
We are off tonight with everyone from the office for dinner at Spago....looking forward to some very good food, and a fun night!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
When I was a kid...
When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning .... Uphill BOTH ways...Yadda,yadda,yadda.
And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way I was going to lay a bunch of stories like that on my kids about how hard I had it, and how easy they've got it!
1. When I was a kid, we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the dang library and look it up ourselves...In the card catalog!! (Do you even know what a card catalog is?? Didn't think so!)
2. There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter...With a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!
3. There were no MP3's or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the dang record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usuallytalk over the beginning and mess it all up!
4. We didn't have fancy stuff like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!
5. And we didn't have fancy Caller ID Boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn'tknow!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!
6. We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like"Space Invaders" and "asteroids" and the graphics were horrible! Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!
7. When you went to the movie theater there no such thing as stadium seating! All the seats were the same height! If a tall guy or some old broad with a hat sat in front of you and you couldn't see, too bad!
8. Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like15 channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! And there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying?? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons!
9. And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove or go build a fire ... Imagine that!? If we wanted popcorn, we had to use that stupid JiffyPop thing or a pan with HOT oil and Real popcorn kernels and shake it all over the stove forever like an idiot.
10. When we were on the phone with our friends and our parents walked-in, we were stuck to the wall with a cord, a 7 foot cord that ran to the phone-not phone base, the actual phone. We barely had enough length to sit on the floor and still be able to twirl the phone cord in our fingers. If you suddenly had to go to the bathroom - guess what we had to do..... Hangup and talk to them later.
That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled!! You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980!
The over 30 Crowd
Saturday, January 12, 2008
*Our special birthday/anniversary trip to Chicago for St. Patrick's Day. Incredibly, fun weekend!!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
•Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Ok, here goes...7 Random facts about me:
1. I married my high school sweetheart
2. I was a part owner in a children's clothing store
3. When I buy something I can't take the "front" one on the shelf...I have to reach behind and
take one from the back.
4. Driving out of town on snowy/icy roads is a scary for me!!!
5. I was captain of the Nampa High School drill team
6. You will find me in my PJ's most nights right after dinner (in the winter!).
7. I have a hard time using some of my "favorite" scrapbook supplies...I don't know why I'm
"hoarding" them! :0)
I am tagging:
(All my other "blogging friends" have already been tagged!!)
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Friday, January 4, 2008
Now...back to reality for me...we arrived home last night to a driveway full of snow that needs to be shoveled, a house full of Christmas decorations that need to be taken down and put away, and suitcases full of dirty clothes that need to be unpacked and washed!!! So... I have a busy day ahead! :0)