Monday, December 21, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
The Vandals much improved football and basketball teams :0)
Sunday, November 22, 2009
I guess we can't call him "Baby L" any more!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I am in the desert southwest "eeking" out a few more days of warm weather before I head back to WINTER....it was 86 degrees today, fantastic!!! :0)
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Our Mom and Dad bought us those black "Lone Ranger" type masks and we rummaged through the closets in the house for some old clothes that would complete our "get up!" (I have no idea what we were dressed up as, but it looks like we were having a great time!!) And, to carry all our loot we had some paper shopping-type bags with a ghost on the front.
On this Halloween we were joined by our cousins from the "country", they lived on a farm--not a neighborhood--so they came to the city for "trick-or-treating!" (Notice, our country cousins just had to use brown paper bags for their candy, they didn't have the much cooler Halloween bags with handles that my sister and I had!) Oh, speaking of my sister, Jean, that's her in the beard and white thing on her head, and I'm the one in the middle with the ghost bag! :0)
Wow, great memories of times when life seemed so much simpler!!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
My problem isn't fall, I actually LOVE fall...the changing leaves, a chill in the air (just enough to wear a sweater), tailgating before the home football games, kids back in school, pumpkins and so much more! It's what follows fall that I have a problem with....SNOW/GRAY SKIES/SLICK ROADS/FREEZING TEMPERATURES....you know, WINTER!
So, for now I will just sit back, relax, and enjoy FALL! Two things that accompany fall in our house are a bowl full of beautifully colored gourds and pumpkins and a "Farmer's Market" Yankee candle---it smells yummy, just makes you feel like fall!! (My very favorite Yankee candle "Harvest" was discontinued and replaced with "Farmer's Market"...I was skeptical at first, but the aroma is very much the same, all "spicy" and "fall!"
Friday, September 25, 2009
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner, and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realized I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile, then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine, could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin, don't leave it undetected
Let's start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!
Everyone needs a smile!These smiles make me HAPPY!!! :0)
Monday, September 21, 2009
I know I'm very prejudiced, but I just think he is adorable!!!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
"K" and "R" have a prolific pumpkin crop this year! One of the pumpkin plants crept out of their yard and through their fence and up a tree in their neighbor's yard!!
This "not so small" pumpkin has become a real attraction in the neighborhood! The picture doesn't do it justice---it's REALLY BIG to be hanging in a tree!!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
**One footnote, the very first evening we were there we broke the TV!!! :0( Now, I'm sure you're thinking "Why in the world would you watch TV when you are in the woods to commune with nature??" Well, just let me tell you, when it gets dark, it is VERY dark (and quiet) and a little TV just makes it feel a little more like home, (plus we have "Dish Network" so we feel obligated to use it since we are paying for it!!) The television and video player (VHS) is all in one machine...we put in the tape, "The Red Violen," settle down with a glass of wine...ready for a nice, quiet evening. Well, the tape gets stuck, the TV won't work, and BOOM---we do, indeed, get our nice, QUIET evening!! :0)
Monday, August 24, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
The triathlons were held at two different lakes in the northern part of the state...beautiful place to do these crazy things!!! At least when you're puttin' in the miles you have gorgeous scenery to look at! Jeff's "KISS" running jersey was a hit....several runners took time to say "great shirt" as they jogged or biked by!
These kids continue to be an inspiration to me!!!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
Regina Brett's 45 life lessons and 5 to grow on
by Regina Brett
Sunday May 28, 2006, 10:13 AM
To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolls over to 50 this week, so here's an update:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don't ask, you don't get.
50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Your smile bridges the years between us.