Monday, August 10, 2009

Child of My Child...

Child of my child, Heart of my heart...

Your smile bridges the years between us.
I am young again,
discovering the world through your eyes.
You have the time to listen,
And I have the time to spend.
Delighted to gaze at familiar loved features
made new in you again.
Through you ... I'll see the future
Through me ... you'll know the past
In the present we'll love one another,
As long as these moments last
~~ Author Unknown ~~
If you are not yet a grandparent, it's hard to explain the very special bond between a grandparent and your child's child....it is magical! I LOVE this poem, the words are so very true! We had a wonderful weekend with our four oldest grandchildren--the only one missing is our youngest grandson in Michigan.
We were on the go from morning to night, and I warned their Mommies and Daddy's last night that we were sending them home on "sugar highs" and "sleep deprived!" But, that is what grandparents do...."ANYTHING THE KIDS WANT TO DO!!" :0) We enjoyed having them "all to ourselves" for the weekend, and hopefully our children enjoyed their "kidless" weekend!! It was wonderful to watch the joyful reunions yesterday when they were reunited with each other!
It was a treasured weekend with so many special moments, and last night when Jim and I were listening to the "quiet" we both agreed that we couldn't wait to do it again!!

1 comment:

Karen Tews Lien said...

You are a wonderful grandparent! What a blessing -