Saturday, October 17, 2009

For Today...October 17, 2009

Inspired by "A Simple Woman's Daybook"

Outside my window...a beautiful, warm "Indian Summer" day---lots of colorful leaves, bright blue sky and temperatures in the 70's

I am thankful for...Jim's quick recovery from his surgery. I was planning on having him home for a couple weeks, at least, and now it looks like I'm going to have to try to convince him not to go into the office on Monday

From the kitchen...stuffed chicken breasts, multi-grain bread from Costco, and broccoli

I am wearing...black sweats, "Russell School" sweatshirt and socks (no shoes)

I am creating...ABC scrapbooks for J, J and J's families for Christmas. They are turning out so cute and it's fabulous to be able to use some the the "many" photographs that I have piled all over my scrapbook room

I am going...to watch a movie with Jim after dinner..."The Station Agent" an independent, Sundance movie from NetFlix

I am reading..."Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabeth Strout...a set of linked stories about a gruff, 60-something school teacher in a coastal town in Maine, the work that has won it's author the 2009 Pulitzer Prize for fiction.

I am hoping...that all the weather predictions for this winter are correct---warmer and drier than normal---we have been buried in snow the past two winters and I'm hoping this year will be different. I'm also hoping to squeeze in a trip to Phoenix this fall!

I am hearing...the Yankees/Angels baseball game on television

Around the house...there are tell-tell signs that two little girls were here today: PlayDoh scraps on the kitchen floor, markers and papers spread on the table in the TV room, "Candyland" pieces on the living room carpet...we loved having "K" & "R" here this afternoon while their Mommy and Daddy went to the college football game (we stayed home...Jim is re-cuping, you remember :0) )

One of my favorite things...curling up on the couch and watching a movie on Saturday night

A few plans for the rest of the week...Jim's post-op check up in CDA, and a trip to Spokane to visit the "Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Clinic" to keep our hearts on the right track so we can live long (er) and healthy (er) lives. Jamie's good friend, Amy Doneen, helped to develop this program and we couldn't think of a good reason to NOT do it! :0)

A couple of pictures to share...
Baking Halloween cookies with "K" last week

No comments: