Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a weekend...

The most beautiful discovery true friends make
is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
~Elisabeth FoleyMy weekend in Texas with my friend, Lin, was FABULOUS!!! We laughed, reminisced, talked, ate, shopped....all the fun things that girlfriends do!! :0) Linda greeted me at the airport (see picture above) with this sign...we started laughing right then and didn't stop all weekend! (The day before I left home to fly down to Texas I asked her where to meet her in the airport, and if she would be standing there with a "gerfrend" sign?) Actually, she kind of rescued me---I was patiently waiting by the wrong luggage carousel when I turned around and saw her standing there holding this sign! :0)

We did so many fun things over the weekend...we started out Friday night with dinner at PF Changs (my favorite) and then I got to be the co-pilot with her husband in a flight simulator where he works. TOO MUCH FUN!!! He let me steer the plane down the runway using the "nose wheel gear" steering thingy...oh, my gosh I was all over that runway. Then I let him take the controls and we flew around for a while. I knew I was in a simulator (not a real airplane), but everything is SO realistic that you would swear you were really flying!! The visuals through the cockpit windows were just incredible. I am ready to do that again anytime.

Lin's husband had to work on the weekend so we entertained ourselves at 2 fantastic malls (remember, I live in a "retail deprived" area), we had lunch out both days at great restaurants, and had so much fun looking and shopping. I taught her how/what to order at Starbucks and now I'm sure she will be a "Starbucks junkie" just like me! :0)As we hugged good-by Monday morning (and Lin shed a tear---she is very sentimental like that!) we promised each other that we wouldn't let so much time go by before we have a special "girlfriend's weekend" again! Thanks, Lin, for a weekend I will always treasure!

All I Need to Know About Life I Learned From My Girlfriends
Good times are even better when they're shared.
A good long talk can cure almost anything.
Everyone needs someone with whom to share their secrets.
Listening is just as important as talking.
An understanding friend is better than a therapist; and cheaper, too!
Laughter makes the world a happier place.
Friends are like wine; they get better with age.
Sometimes you just need a shoulder to cry on.
Great minds think alike, especially when they are female!
When it comes to "bonding," females do it better.
YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR SLUMBER PARTIES!!!!
It's important to make time to do "girl things."
Calories don't count when having lunch (or any other food) with your girlfriends.
You can never have too many shoes or girlfriends.
GEMS MAY BE PRECIOUS, BUT FRIENDSHIP IS PRICELESS!!!!!

No comments: