Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fall. Fun...

I took this picture this morning....the leaves are gone (almost) and it was a chilly "20 something" this morning when I went to the Fitness Center...brrrr!! I love summer, sunshine, and all that comes with warm weather!! But, I am trying really hard to love the colder weather, too, so I'm thinking about all the reasons I look forward to this time of year....

~Wearing jeans and sweaters and loafers with warm socks
~Candles...as the days get shorter I love burning candles, especially Pumpkin Spice candles this time of year! The warm flame and yummy smells just seem more appealing when the weather is colder.
~Halloween....our grandchildren are SO excited for this special day and have been planning their "what they were going to be" for weeks!!
~A cozy fire in the fireplace
~The beautiful colors of fall...I love all the red, orange, yellow, brown...
~Staying inside on a chilly, wet day and scrapbooking! I'm thinking about the gift albums I want to create for Christmas presents!
~Tailgate parties...nothing better than gathering with friends and good food before a football game! The only thing missing is a winning footgall team!! :0)

So....with all these things I look forward to in the fall....I'm not sad about summer ending, I'm excited about all the fun things that happen in the fall!! (How's that for a "positive attitude!)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love all your reasons! Way to be positive and I totally agree the only thing missing for the tailgating is a winning team. Maybe next year... I am an eternal optimist! =o)