Monday, August 27, 2007

Top Ten reasons

Those of you that know me well know that I LOVED teaching kindergarten! There is nothing more invigorating and fun that a "fresh crop" of 5 years olds so excited about their "first day of school!" It is truly a feeling like no other... and, kindergartners adore their teacher and who wouldn't love to experience that??!
Now, with that being said, today would be my first day of school if I was still teaching kindergarten, but a few years ago---when my first grandchild was born---I decided it would be a good time to step away from teaching. I still miss (most of) those sweet little faces and the hugs that flowed so freely, but it's also been wonderful to "be the boss of my own time" and have the freedom to do anything I want---and not have to wait for Christmas vacation or spring break! :0) SO......
These are the "Top Ten" reasons I'm happy that I'm not going "back to school" today:
1. I can go to Starbucks at 10:00 AM
2. I don't have to go to the long, boring district meeting this morning :0)
3. I can go to Michigan next week to play with Landen!
4. I can go to the mall ANY time I want
5. I don't have to wait until spring break for my trip to Phoenix to visit Jean
6. I can scrapbook all day long
7. I'm available at a moment's notice if Keelyn, Anders, Ryann or Kate need me
8. No more teacher's meetings
9. When I wake up early it's to go to Anytime Fitness, not my classroom
10. I am the boss of my own time!!!

1 comment: