Friday, July 11, 2008

Portland or BUST....

What a busy, busy "physically fit" summer our family has had! :0) First we had "J" and "J" in the 1/2 marathon in Coeur d' Alene....
Miss "S" (in Michigan) has been doing some serious running, too, but I don't have any pictures of her---I'll have to remedy that!! :0)
Then we had "B" in the IronMan...And, finally..."J" and "J" took off this morning for Seattle! They will be riding tomorrow and Sunday in the STP--Group Health Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic. This 200-mile bicycle ride is the largest multi-day bicycle event in the Northwest, with up to 9,500 participants riding from Seattle to Portland in one or two days. The route takes you through the scenic valleys, forests, and farmlands of western Washington and Oregon. They have both been SO excited, I know they will have a terrific time...and, memories and stories for a lifetime! What a fun father/son experience!!

They even "indulged" the scrapbooker (Me) and let me take some pictures as they were preparing to hit the road....

So....check back next week and hopefully I will have some pictures from the "finish line" in Portland!!

Meanwhile, I'm still doing my early morning hour on the treadmill---does that count??!!) :0)

No comments: