Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whew....

After 13 hours, 1 cancelled flight, 1 missed flight, and STRONG winds and storms in the midwest, we are here!!!! I tend to get a little "white knuckled" when there is a lot of turbulence---NOT a fan of bouncing around at 35,000 feet---and those strong winds/storms yesterday made for a very queasy stomach!!! I swear, when we were landing in both Chicago and Detroit I thought the winds were going to blow us off the runway, or tip us over, or both----SCARY!!! But the flight attendants were sitting behind us just chatting away throughout the whole experience, so I thought if they weren't concerned then I wasn't going to worry (but my stomach was another matter---very "plane sick!")
The whole experience was worth it when we came walking out of security and Landen came running to us with his arms outstretched....a grandparents greatest joy!!! He is adorable, we are having a fabulous time already.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Glad you made it there safe and with warm welcoming arms and a smile. I love it when my kids do that! Have a great time with L and I hope the flight back is much smoother for you.

Karen Tews Lien said...

Have a great time with your family! Missin' ya!