Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Sister" time....

OK, it's time to update my blog....I've been way too busy playing and having fun the last couple weeks to take time to sit down at the computer. :0) But, Jean--my sister/best friend/playmate--left this morning on the airport shuttle, so I've got nothing but time!! :0( Here we are at my "surprise" birthday party this past weekend---more about that later!!We had a GREAT time while she was here for her "semi-annual" visit! She arrived a couple weeks ago on our big snow-day, and Mother Nature threw her a "going away party" this morning with MORE snow!! OK, enough already with the snow...it's APRIL!! Jean loved it though, (since she is from Phoenix and doesn't get to see snow very often she was thrilled with all that we had during her visit), but she's gone now so we can get on with spring!!

Lots of pictures on this post today!! My wonderful husband threw me a 2nd surprise birthday party this past weekend!! We have always had a "pact" between us that we wouldn't give surprise parties for each other....well, he broke that pact last year but forgot to include our kids on the guest list! So, to redeem himself with our children, he did it again this year, and remembered to invite them! (That was his excuse for #2 surprise party, anyway!!) I must admit, he got me good, I was totally and completely surprised because you are only supposed to have 1--at the most--surprise party in your lifetime!!! But, it was a fabulous party at Silos! Here is a look at some of the fun....
Jean and I laughed about this last picture...it looks like she is thinking "Oh, goodie...birthday cake!!" The party was lots and lots of fun...and, all is forgiven for yet "another" surprise party, but Jim better watch his back...I will get him back when he's least expecting it!!!

So, after two very fun weeks of movies, lunch out, shopping and having the best "sister time" ever, it's back to reality!! I'm already looking forward to Jean's visit this summer---and with any luck at all she won't be greeted with snow! :0)

1 comment:

Karen Tews Lien said...

You and Jean are so lucky to have eachother. I miss my sister so much and wish she lived closer or could come and visit more! So glad you had such a great time AGAIN with your big sis!!