Thursday, April 17, 2008

Off for a little R & R...

With "tax season" over, it is time for a little FUN (I sound like I have been slaving away, putting in the long hours day after day, don't I??) :0) But, I'm happy to accompany Jim on this adventure!! This year--after our never-ending winter...more snow showers predicted for this coming weekend!!! :0(--we decided we needed to make sure our fun was in the SUN! So, I got on the Internet, found terrific room rates at Mandalay Bay, and we are heading south for a little R&R. We hope to spend lots of time laying by the pool, reading and relaxing. (And, I've already warned Jim that there will be some shopping involved, too!!)We have tickets for three shows--one each night while we are there. We are going to "Jersey Boys" at The Palazzo...

Cirque du Solei at New York, New York...
And, The Phantom at The Venetian...
I'm hoping when we return, mid-week, these silly "snow showers" will be over and done with, and spring will be here for real---to stay!!! (George, our goofy NBC weather man, is really starting to get on my nerves with his weather forecasts! I guess I should feel sorry for him because he has to take the wrath of all of us that are so sick and tired of winter/snow/cold, etc!!) But, in spite of all this snow and cold, I picked a beautiful bouquet of daffodils yesterday, they are hardy little flowers and look so "springy" in my kitchen!! Love them!!! Next come the tulips--my favorite!!

No comments: