Monday, January 23, 2012

On my bedside table...


Jim and I are fans of "Downton Abbey" (a show on PBS Masterpiece Theater), about a wealthy English family living in a beautiful manor and the servants that live downstairs in the home.  The  upstairs-downstairs relationships that develop always make for a fascinating story.  "The House at Tyneford" is the story of wealthy, young Jewish girl from Vienna and how her life evolves when she must leave the life she has known and become a parlour maid in England. 

I will let you know how it is.  I would love to hear recommendations for books that you have read and loved!

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Carl & I are also huge Downton Abbey fans. I'm very interested to hear how you look the book. It sounds like something I'd very much enjoy reading. Have you watched Gosford Park? It's written by the same guy who is writing DA. It's one of my favorite movies. Have you seen Manor House from PBS? It's a PBS take on a reality show set during the early 1900s. LOVED it. PBS also did an update for Upstairs, Downstairs. We enjoyed that series as well.

Charlie said...

like the book, not look the book :)

~Tigger~ said...

I have been wanting to watch that show, but haven't got around to it yet! Is it as good as it looks?

I like reading a lot too, what kind of books are you into?

Atta Rehman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.