Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Almost complete...whew!!


In August, 2010, I began a project in first and third grade with my granddaughter's classes to have each child document their school year by making "personal yearbooks".  (This idea came from Becky Higgins.)

I took the children's pictures in September, January and May--oh my, how they have changed through the year!  And, each month the children drew a picture and journaled about something special that they wanted to remember from that month at school. 

After my years of teaching, I always love getting back into the classroom!  There is something so exciting about interacting with a classroom full of bright and shiny little faces!! And, by going in every month I really got to know the children and they got to know me. 

It's been a big job, but "K" and "R" helped me with some of the "behind the scenes" work of sorting and matching the pages for each child.  I think they had as much fun as I did!  We are almost finished...only the "May" pages to complete and then binding the books together. 

This has been such a fun project, I'm hoping to do it with their classes again next year!

No comments: